Show Name Fields during registration set to 'No" problem

For the registration, this is working fine however, the name fields are also not showing on the profile view or profile edit form but if I’m understanding correctly, setting to ‘No’ should not affect the profile view or edit profile form… Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks.

How can there be anything to show if these fields have not been filled?

So that people can edit their first and last name?

The registration form option ‘require first and last name’ is set to no.

So when i use the shortcode to edit profile, the first and last name fields do not show.

If I reverse and set the registration form option ‘require first and last name’ to yes,

the page with profile edit shortcode ‘does’ have the first and last name fields.

side note: I moved away from the profile page when I posted this message. I’ll go back in and double check + take screen shots if needed.

You have given your reason for wanting them to show. But that was not my question.

There is nothing to show if those fields have not been filled. If you want them to be available for subsequent editing, you need to enable them at registration.

1 Like

Yea, excuse me for that…I didn’t answer your question. Your question made me think you must not have understood. So I tried to make it simpler.

You asked, “How can there be anything to show if these fields have not been filled in?”

Well, there would be fields and they’d be empty. They would be empty because the option to show them on registration was set to ‘no.’ They would show as empty first and last name fields on the edit profile form like any other edit profile form on the planet.

So to clarify - are you insinuating with your question that if the First and Last name on ‘registration’ form is set to no, any subsequent use of the profile shortcode will not show the First and Name fields because they are empty?

I just double checked. I did write fields and not values.