Show blog excerpt but actual post have to be a member to view

I have a blog archive page that shows an image, post title, and excerpt from all my blog posts.

I want to start creating some blog posts that requires the person to have a membership/login to the site to read the full blog post. There is no cost to the membership (Level 0), we are just trying to create a certain amount of exclusivity for some posts.

I created a tag (login) to use on posts that I only want Members to have full access. Then I used Tag Access Restriction and entered the “login” for the Tag that requires level 0 or higher to access.

So it does block access to the full post, but I would like it to show the image, title, and excerpt on my Blog archives page, and it currently removes it if I am not logged in. I want someone to see what the post is about then when they click to see the full post they would have to login or register to login.

I also thought about using a conditional statement around part of the content in the post, but not sure how to set it up so that they see text that says “to see the full content of this post you must register (then provide a link to register).”

Any help would be appreciated.
d

See https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2if-simple-shortcode-conditionals/

Example:

Your public content. goes here…

[s2If is_user_logged_in()]
   Protected post content goes here
[/s2If]

[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
    To See the rest of this post please log-in <login link>
[/s2If]

Thanks Tim! I knew it had to be something simple just wasn’t understanding the else statement.

Kindly,
Deb

You are most welcome :slight_smile: