Should Stripe Verify Zip Codes?

In the Stripe Pro Form options, you can set it to YES for Stripe to verify Zip codes. However, in the pro form there is no zip code option.

How do we proceed here?

Thanks

Doesn’t it come from Stripe’s Payment form?

When I scroll a page with a form it asks for the billing address, including Postal Code. :thinking:

I’m talking about s2member Stripe Pro Forms. In Stripe options you can set YES to have Stripe verify zip code, but there is no field in the pro form for zip code.

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“30 Days @ $5.00 / then $1 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” cc=“USD” custom=“www.websitecom” ta=“5.00” tp=“30” tt=“D” ra=“10” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code=“US” captcha=“0” /]

Sorry about this.The Zip code entry field doesn’t show up until you put in credit card number. It does work.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’m glad it was fine. :slight_smile:

But this has me wondering…It only allows a 5 digit format. What about Canada for example which requires 6 characters?

I haven’t had anyone from Canada mention having an issue with that. Stripe is very smart with its products, and I’m sure their payment system handles those correctly. I remember testing that with their international test cards, and it was fine…

Yep https://stripe.com/docs/js/element/postal_code_formatting

Postal code formatting
The card element automatically determines your customer’s billing address country based on their card number. Using this information, the postal code field validation reflects whether that country uses numeric or alphanumeric-formatted postal codes, or if the country uses postal codes at all. For instance, if a U.S. card is entered, the postal code field only accepts a five-digit numeric value. If it’s a UK card, an alphanumeric value can be provided instead.

I haven’t had Canadian payments with the zip code verification, but would be interested to know if someone here has, and if it’s given you any issues.

:slight_smile: