Should I use other Plug-ins cache system as well as Comet Cache?

Hi

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but I am not a web developer.

Some of the plugins I use, notably RoyalSlider and Instashow have their own cache settings relating to their functions (Slider and showing Instagram on one’s site respectively).

Should I switch on their cache options too, or leave it all up to Comet Cache?

With thanks in advance for your advice!

Stephen

That’s a hard question to answer. It really depends on how that plugins cache system works. If it’s using some sort of internal cache, such as using the WordPress Transients API, or if enabling the caching option means that it attempts to be more compatible with WordPress caching plugins (like Comet Cache), then I’d say you’re safe to enable it.

The best thing to do is try enabling it and see if you run into any trouble. If you want to play it safe, leave it disabled and just use Comet Cache. Comet Cache is designed as a caching plugin and does whatever it can to be compatible with other plugins.

Many thanks for your advice!

Stephen

FYI I have now tested with and without using other plugins’ cache system and can report that from my experience using https://tools.pingdom.com show that using Comet Cache alone (NOT using other caches) results in a much faster load time (over half a second load-time saving). So for me at least, using Comet Cache alone was the best option by far

Thanks again

Stephen

Great! Thanks so much for following up. :slight_smile: