Shortcodes showing up as code

Hi everyone,

I’m new to s2M, and am in need of some very basic help. Theme used = DIVI.

I’m checking out s2M for a new site we’re building. However, the shortcode is showing up as is instead of a login and password field. On the homepage of
https://hurgronje.justgopink.com
I have added the shortcode for login in two locations, i.e. at the bottom of the text and in the right side bar. In both cases, it just shows [s2Member-Login /] :unamused: What am I doing wrong?

TIA!
Karen

Hello,

I am using avanda but try to select a text block and select text and not visual with divi looking for the similar way

I just found out that the shortcode isn’t available in the free version. So that’s why it isn’t working :frowning: Pity, for I would have loved to try this out before buying the plugin for $ 89.

1 Like

Hi Karen.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Maybe I can help you figure out if s2Member would be what you want.

:slight_smile:

Hi Cristían,

That’s very kind of you, much appreciated :slight_smile:

We are building a website in the theme DIVI. It has to have a members-only part where members, after login, can change their data. Rather basic data such as name, email address, birthday, address, zipcode, city, country. And maybe in the future some additional fields, who knows. There are 600+ existing members that need to be imported and sent an email with their login credentials.

We do not want a registration form for general use, because this is an existing association with strict membership rules. So new members will have to be added by a dedicated person. For this, we need to be able to create a form that is accessible only to the secretary of the association.

Members need to be able to browse the list of members and search them too. And of course, everything needs to be highly customisable in DIVI.

There has to be a forum where members can interact with each other, so I’m thinking bbPress here. I read that s2Member works well with bbPress.

And now they’ve asked us for an event and booking calendar where members can see who has subscribed to an event, and where the owner of the event can chose to sent an email to all who have subscribed, for example if there are changes in the program. This last bit has got me a bit stumped. I’m not sure this is possible without installing community software such as BuddyPress, and I doubt that’s worth it for just this one functionality.

That’s basically it. My main concern is: can s2Member work well in DIVI and is it really compatible with bbPress? What I’ve read so far looks really good, but my experience with plugins such as this is that it usually takes quite some custom coding to get things working the way I want them to…

Kind regards,
Karen

1 Like

Hi,

I use bbPress and DIVI thème with s2Member without any problem, all works fine!
It is also possible to create a form to manually add members for the person in charge of this task!
Access to this form can also be reserved at the level of membership/Wordpress status of your choice.
For the management of appointments and other events, I use the pluggin “Appointment Hour Booking” that I find well done.

Best regards, Brice.

1 Like

Hi Brice,

Thank you, that sounds very promising indeed :slight_smile:
I’ll have a look at the event plugin you mention.

Kind regards,
Karen

2 Likes

You can create a protected page at Level 0 (i.e. logged in user) with s2’s [s2Member-Profile /] shortcode for a profile form where they will edit their information. See: WP Admin > s2Member > General Options > Member Profile Modifications

For new fields, s2’s custom profile fields would be what you can use. WP Admin > s2Member > General Options > Registration/Profile Fields & Options

To import users in bulk, s2Member Pro has a tool. https://s2member.com/kb-article/advanced-importexport-tools/

The importer is silent, no emails will be sent to these users, but after creating their account, you can email them with a link to the Lost Password tool for them to set their own. /wp-login.php?action=lostpassword https://s2member.com/kb-article/advanced-importexport-tools/#toc-1f1fd44a

We do not want a registration form for general use, because this is an existing association with strict membership rules. So new members will have to be added by a dedicated person. For this, we need to be able to create a form that is accessible only to the secretary of the association.

You can disable open registration. WP Admin > s2Member > General Options > Open Registration

Then your person in charge of it, can generate single-use registration links that will only work for this user, and bypass the Open Registration setting. WP Admin > s2Member > PayPal Buttons > Member Registration Access Links

Members need to be able to browse the list of members and search them too.

Yes. https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2member-list-shortcode-documentation/

There has to be a forum where members can interact with each other, so I’m thinking bbPress here. I read that s2Member works well with bbPress.

Yes. https://s2member.com/kb-article/can-i-run-s2member-buddypress-bbpress/

And now they’ve asked us for an event and booking calendar where members can see who has subscribed to an event, and where the owner of the event can chose to sent an email to all who have subscribed, for example if there are changes in the program. This last bit has got me a bit stumped. I’m not sure this is possible without installing community software such as BuddyPress, and I doubt that’s worth it for just this one functionality.

There are event plugins, and I know several sites use those in combination with s2Member. s2’s URI restriction can be used to protect any page/post served by WordPress. WP Admin > s2Member > Restriction Options > URI https://s2member.com/kb-article/configuring-s2member-restriction-options/#toc-b1b83159

You can also modify user roles to give or take away capabilities, if the events plugin uses WP capabilities for those features and you want to customize what the user can do. https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2member-rolescapabilities/

That’s basically it. My main concern is: can s2Member work well in DIVI and is it really compatible with bbPress? What I’ve read so far looks really good, but my experience with plugins such as this is that it usually takes quite some custom coding to get things working the way I want them to…

From what you said, it doesn’t look like you need custom code, although I don’t know how far you want to customize things, not sure if the settings are enough or you want to take it further.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Cristían,

Wow! Thank you very much for your very extensive answer and all the references. I have a lot to study now :slight_smile: But it looks like all my wishes can be granted by s2Member.

Kind regards,
Karen

1 Like

No problem! Let me know if you have other questions. I’ll do what I can, and other nice members sometimes jump in to help too.

:slight_smile: