Short Code Crashing Pages

I’ve been trying to add free membership forms and pro forms to my site. I’ve tried both putting the code in the Thrive Architect editor, and then on the wordpresses own editor on a blank page. The result is that wordpress can’t deal with the short code and the page simply won’t load. I’ve copied the short code straight from S2Member.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Form registration and payment buttons is pretty fundamental, so I really need to get this working.

Thanks for reading my query

What exactly happens when “the page simply won’t load”? In any case, this is most likely a theme or plugin conflict problem and not a problem with s2Member. IF you were seeing the shortcode printed out as text on the page that might be a problem with the shortcode you’ve created – in other words, it wasn’t being properly parsed by s2Member. When the page simply won’t load, that is almost always a conflict between the code somewhere between WordPress, your theme, and the plugins you are running (yes, that includes s2Member).

I know you don’t want to hear this, no one does, but you need to find out what is causing the error. That starts with testing in a clean installation.

This plugin may make it easier to test for conflicts: https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/

Disable ALL Thrive plugins and put your shortcode in the “Text” section of the Classic Editor.

Problem likely solved.