Separate Login page for Administrators

I was wondering if there was a way with S2Member to have a separate login page specifically for use only for administrator accounts while the main one is used for every other type of user account in WordPress.

s2Member controls access to content. It does not control how and where you login. It just complies with whatever WordPress does in that regard.

So if you can get this idea working in WordPress, s2Member will work with it.

Hi James

What is it you would like to accomplish? You can create any page and throw a login form on it but I am not sure why you would want that, I’ll explain in a minute.

If you are looking to hide the WordPress bar then I would recommend installing “Hide Admin Bar” plugin to hide customer users from even seeing the interface.

If you are looking to hide the sites installer folder I would install WP in a sub-directory then copy and past the index.php and wp-config.php in the root public_html and then configure wp-config.php with the updated folder location. This easy to do but sounds complicated, it makes more sense if you open wp-config.php in an editor and look through it

If you would like to have the login be in a different location than the default so users can’t see the wordpress wp-admin directory I would install the “WPS Hide Login” plugin and configure it to something like customer or such. That way people see www.mysite.com/customer/login

The three of these will maybe more valuable than having a separate page, technically login is login, until you login, your web server doesn’t know if it’s you or a customer.