Sending users to a different page after renewal login on special page

We are using the PRO version of S2Member.

When a member upgrades and comes back to our site, they are taken to a special S2Member auto-return page where the member has to click the Login button to log back into our site. It takes them to their Profile page. Where is the setting for me to change this so that after logging back in from the auto-return page, they are NOT taken to the Profile page but to a special unique page that I have created for them…???

Thanks in advance.

See this s2Member KBA: https://s2member.com/kb-article/configuring-custom-return-urls-thank-you-pages-upon-success/.

Thanks for the response Pat.

But adding the success parameter is not working…:frowning:

I have tried to use both the complete URL as well as the slug /success/ but it just sits on that weird special S2Member page and asks people to log back in.

And then when it does, it takes them to the Profile page.

I have included the whole URL of this special S2Member page when it comes back from PayPal, just so that you can see that the success URL is indeed in there.

Any words of wisdom…???

https://mydomain.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_return_tra=fnIyOlVoWDVNd05YenR4TkJjOURkVm5KVGJJTllTb3VsOENuI53GTrwvBMYpGYX21LVvKlo9rHHA2NeBmSzh5B0tBUhXhtlm9UR7Rm1PsGSvnAcjBur0bkOHA&s2member_paypal_return_success=https%3A%2F%2Fmydomain.com%2Fsuccess%2F&amt=11.99&cc=USD&cm=mydomain.com%2F&item_name=Upgrade%20to%20a%201%20Week%20Membership%20%2F%207%20Days%20Access%20%2F%20Non-Refundable&item_number=1%3A%3A1%20W&st=Completed&tx=6062908106

Do you have any other plugins which might be redirecting them? BuddyPress, for example? You say it takes them to their Profile. What URL is that?

Hi Pat.

I have “Theme My Login” running but with only the Custom Email and Custom Password settings turned on. Everything else is turned off.

Any ideas…???

Thanks as always.

There have been issues between s2Member and Theme My Login for a long time. Try turning Theme My Login off and see if that fixes your problem.

Hi Pat.

Unfortunately, that still did not solve my problem. Weird.

Could there be any other possible reason for this…??

Also, if we moved from PayPal Standard buttons to PayPal Pro will this weird special S2Member page still be part of the process…??? So will it make the trip to PayPal behind-the-scenes and then, after payment approval, take the user to the success="" page or will it still force them to see the special short S2member page that I am trying to avoid…???

Much appreciated.

Are you using any type of security software that might be preventing extremely long URLs from functioning? I know iThemes Security has such a function. I’ve never had any issues using it with s2Member, but I don’t think I have any return URLs as long as yours.

Pat.

You were absolutely right.

It took me some time to track this down, but turns out that the BPS Security plugin cannot handle some of the WooCommerce URLs and so exceptions had to be made in the .htaccess file.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like