Send email on registration even with custom password

Hi, I have a client with a site that’s been using s2Member for a while. I believe an older version had the ability to send an email even when the user set their own password on registration, and he can no longer do that now that I had to update the plugin (it wasn’t sending emails at all). Is there something I can do to re-enable that functionality? I can see how I would do it by editing the plugin files, but then it would break if he updated it again. Is there a hook or filter I can use in a must-use plugin to fix this?

The new user email and signup confirmation emails would still be sent.

If you’re having email delivery issues, please take a look at this article and follow the advice given there. https://s2member.com/kb-article/troubleshooting-email-delivery-problems/

Let me know what the logs say after your tests, please.

I look forward to your update :slight_smile:

That’s not correct. On the General Options page, under “New User Email Message” it says " ↑ NOTE: You currently have Custom Passwords enabled in your s2Member Registration/Profile Field options. Therefore, this email is not going to be sent; i.e., it is only sent to users who need it for the purpose of obtaining their password."

I ended up editing the must-use plugin in s2-hacks.php so it hooked into ‘ws_plugin__s2member_after_configure_user_registration’. Then I copied and edited the function new_user_notification from src/includes/classes/email-configs.inc.php so that it fit my needs.

1 Like

You’re right, I got confused.

I ended up editing the must-use plugin in s2-hacks.php so it hooked into ‘ws_plugin__s2member_after_configure_user_registration’. Then I copied and edited the function new_user_notification from src/includes/classes/email-configs.inc.php so that it fit my needs.

Sounds good. How is it working for you now?

So these are free registrations, right? I guess so, otherwise you could use the signup confirmation email.

I never thought about the new user email when there was a custom password allowed. I’m making a note about it in my feature requests list, as something to consider in the future.

Thank you very much for the idea! :slight_smile:

Yeah, free registrations. I think it’s working well. Hopefully my client agrees :slight_smile:

1 Like