Sell products within membership

I want to set up my membership site and give people the option for a free trial by giving their credit card details when they sign up, with the subscription applying once the free period is completed.

I then want to give members the ability to purchase various products from within the site that are only available to members, such as videos that we personalize for them.

I have only considered PayPal at this stage so we can get this launched but am happy to look at other options such as Stripe as well.

Can anyone suggest the simplest and quickest way to achieve this please?

BTW, I have actually added all the products using WooCommerce and did not realise the potential conflict until starting to create the membership forms with S2member. But I am happy to do whatever is needed.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne.

You can sell the subscription with a trial period, no problem. The user will enter the payment details upfront but will be charged at the end of the trial when the first regular term starts.

You could use the URI restriction for levels to protect access to those Woo products. WP Admin > s2Member > Restrictions > URI

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback. I will do some research on how to do this using restrictions. It seems nothing is eas if you are a novice. Do you mean I can do away with WooCommerce or keep using it? So far I have over 120 products on the site for members.

Woo can’t be used to sell s2Member access yet. For s2 access you sell with s2.

The access restriction can be applied to Woo products, though. So, if you have a product that is only available to Level 1 users, for example, that’s possible.

Yeah, there’s always some learning curve for everything… But you can ask here to get some guidance. Let me know if you have questions. :slight_smile: