Seeking s2Member Assistance Re Restriction Options

We are having some difficulty regarding member only content, specifically journal articles that are in pdf format. Only someone Level 1 or above should be able to access the pdfs, and from what I read it seemed URI restriction was the most logical way to do it.

I listed the pdfs/pages in line delim fashion as indicated, and trimmed them to just the URI so that they, for example, look like:

wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Volume-1-No.-3-Summer-1978.pdf
wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Volume-1-No.-1-Winter-1977.pdf

However when someone is not logged in or is not a member, they can still access the pdfs. Might anyone be able to point me in the right direction here? Being a non-profit on a tight budget we are hoping to find the solution without needing to hire a developer. Thanks so much for your time.

Hi Diana.

The URI restriction works with content served by WordPress. If the user has the URL to the file, the server will give him the file directly, not via WordPress.

I think you may want to use the s2 download protection for member levels. See: WP Admin > s2Member > Download Options > Custom Capability & Member Level Files

To use that, you’ll need to configure the Basic Download Restrictions, and Download Limit Exceeded Page settings at the top of that page.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile: