Security Issue? Trivial to change purchase amount

Using s2member latest free version, the PayPal shortcode is displaying the “amount” attribute unencoded in the button markup. This makes it trivial for anyone to set their own amount like one penny or whatever. Is there some way to encrypt/encode ALL of the button attributes? I’ve looked thru the “Shortcode Attributes (Explained In Full Detail)” in the plugin settings, but do not see anything related. Hopefully I’m just missing something obvious, as this seems like a HUGE SECURITY ISSUE with the latest free version of s2member. Please tell me there is a way to lock it down. Thank you.

See this, esp. Jason’s response: Payment security

Thanks for your reply. I managed to figure this out shortly after posting, but did not find a way to edit or delete the comment.

Also, on my original post above it says the post was created several hours ago today, which is incorrect. I submitted this question FIVE DAYS ago. Glad I didn’t bother waiting.

For anyone else reading, I suggest posting any s2 questions on the s2 page at GitHub. Much more likely to get an expedient response in that location.