s2Member with Comet Cache

I just installed Comet Cache as it’s supposed to be fully compatible with s2Member.

My host said our membership signup page isn’t being cached, and it’s causing massive load on the server. This is likely the most important page to be cached as it’s the one that all the bots hit constantly.

=========================
Still seeing some pretty high CPU load on this site. Pretty sure the cache is not taking effect on this page:
https://idyllwildtowncrier.com/membership-signup/?_s2member_vars=post..level..1..post..66551..LzIwMjAvMTIvMDEvc3Bhcmstb2YtbG92ZS10b3ktZHJpdmUv&_s2member_sig=1607455888-8cd1a96a300e29fb77a9c7d8f70aa885

HTML says:

I’m nervous about opening up all GET requests, which is an option in Comet Cache, and would like to just override this ONE page. How can I do this?

1 Like

Hi Jeff.

There are pages that Comet Cache can’t cache because of their dynamic nature, e.g. when using shortcodes. In the source of the page, at the bottom, what does the Comet Cache notice say? Thanks. :slight_smile:

Thank you for cluing me in.

I ended up looking deeper in s2Member and turned off the variables in the membership signup page, eliminating the dynamic nature. This solved the server load issue.

You were right on. I’m just learning how all this works, but what you said exactly makes sense. Needed something static. Just couldn’t find it. Thanks for cluing me in to what to look toward.

Jeff

1 Like

To give the proper response to your question, for future searchers, Comet Cache said something about not being able to cache GET queries or something like that. But turning on caching for the GET queries in Comet Cache didn’t solve the problem.

Eliminating the dynamic nature of the Membership page by turning off the variables was the solution. CPU load went from 100% to 20% rather quickly. Was likely a Googlebot just killing us.

Thank you again.

Jeff

1 Like

Wonderful. Great job. Thanks for the update. :slight_smile: