S2member Stripe Buttons?

I ve set up my site with a PAYPAL Pro form and PAYPAL Buttons

I m now considering switching to STRIPE

1st: do i need to use the STRIPE FREE REGISTRATION form or can i still use the PAYPAL FREE REGISTRATION Form?

2nd: How can i get STRIPE buttons? I need one button for level1 access and one for level 2 access

Thx a lot

There’s no need for capitals. It feels like you’re shouting.

You can use either free registration form, because neither needs the payment processor.

The distinction does, however, matter when it comes to CSS or if you wish to customize the form via a filter (in which case you will need to use the filter appropriate to the specific form).

Thx, but what about the buttons?
thx

s2Member works only with Stripe Pro-Forms.

You can use Stripe buttons for physical goods that are not connected to s2Member, I use them that way from time to time. You need to make them in the Stripe Console then copy the code to your page. It i s not an easy method but does work, I do this with PayPal too for physical goods, otherwise there is no mailing address in the email that is sent to us for shipping. I find this is faster int he end than logging into Stripe or PayPal just to get the mailing address every time we make a sale.

If you are using it for your membership site for user options stick within s2Member and not exterior button creation.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jedi, what do you mean buy that?

I ve set up Stripe using the following instructions https://s2member.com/kb-article/configuring-s2member-support-for-stripe/

I need to be able to have users pay for access to level 1 and Level 2 using Stripe

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“14 Days @ $1.00 / then $30 GBP / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” cc=“GBP” custom=“priceactiontracker.com” ta=“1.00” tp=“14” tt=“D” ra=“30” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code=“US” captcha=“0” /]

But when i insert the following shortcode, it gives me a huge form, i thought i could use something similar to Paypal button

Stripe buttons are not built into s2Member. I’m sure something could be done with custom code, but Pro-Forms are s2Member’s way of integrating with Stripe. If the form doesn’t appeal to you aesthetically, you can modify it using CSS.

oh :frowning: i see, i have no clue how to do CSS so i guess i ll have to stick with Paypal

OR would you know how much it d cost for someone to to that in CSS?

Basically i want a Stripe Button doing the exact same as a Paypal Button

Thx for your help

CSS won’t do that for you. That will take a lot of custom code. CSS can make the forms look better.

So there is noway to have Stripe button doing the same as Paypal button? :frowning:

Again, not without a lot of custom code. s2Member calls a Stripe popup from a Pro-Form. There isn’t any way to convert that into a button without custom code. There may be a way to do it and someone here might have an idea. I’d need to do a lot of research before tackling something like this.

Another thing, the custom code would have to call the registration functions because those are included in the Pro-Form. It’s not simply a design issue. It is a fundamental change in the way s2Member connects to Stripe.

Hi priceaction
What are you selling exactly, ccaps or levels?

There are many 3rd party plugins that will add levels to s2member, ccaps on the other hand not so many.

Ross

1 Like

Also is this to new members or existing?

I m selling access to Level

users can only see certain features on site depending on levels they r, It works perfectly with Paypat buttons

this wold have to work with new and existing

Hi @priceaction ,

I thought about this and with any credit card processing you are going to have to fill in data about yourself along with card info. I use Profile Builder Pro and love it but I think the best option for you would be to grab the Stripe Button png image from Stripe and add that to your site. Then enable a popup frame with the payment form within the clickable image and turn it into a static button so when it is clicked the popup shows with the form in it.

That way your page isn’t cluttered with the form until they click the buy now button. Stripe doesn’t have a social style payment process like PayPal does so you will still need to have users fill in their info, there is really no way around that with any credit card processor. What is best with with Stripe and s2Member is the form is filled out already for logged in members so all they will need to do is add payment and even that can be avoided if they have set Stripe set up to remember them and having the 2 stage payment security set up on text messaging a code to the user.

Hope this helps point you in the direction you need to go.

2 Likes

Very Clever

I m gonna try that

Thx so much

1 Like

The Form isnt very sexy

Also it s not very clear that the user need to click on ‘Add Billing Method’, anyway to improve that, is there sexier template that i could use?

Also i dont understand why they have the option to change their profile, they already entered that when they registered as Level 0 ( i do not want them to see that part of that form)

I just want a box saying checkout now

thx a lot for your help

You can make it look however you want. But that’s not about changing the template. As @JediShark explained earlier in this thread, it’s about using CSS. It sounds like you need to learn how to do that, so here’s a full set of lessons: https://www.w3schools.com/css/