S2member redirects all admins to dashboard even when using s2member login widget--copied to correct subforum

Hello. I own S2Member Pro, just in case it’s of interest. I have 3 problems, but I’ll create a separate topic for 2 of them, hopefully to make things simpler.

The first problem I’m having is that if an admin logs in using their administrative credentials, they’re automatically redirected to the WordPress dashboard.

The 2nd problem is related, I think, so I’ll post to this topic as well. I’m using level 1 as a free subscription level so I can turn off the typical WP registration function thereby (hopefully) reducing the spam submissions on the site. I’d like to give admins at least level 1 access, but, clearly don’t wish to change their role to subscriber for obvious reasons. I say that simply because I think that the administrator not having a membership level might be what’s causing the redirect to the dashhboard.

BTW, humblest apologies–I initially inadvertently posted this in the common cache forum (not quite sure how that happened) & couldn’t figure out how to delete the topic. Again, humblest apologies–what else can I say?

Hi Jackie.

BTW, humblest apologies–I initially inadvertently posted this in the common cache forum (not quite sure how that happened) & couldn’t figure out how to delete the topic. Again, humblest apologies–what else can I say?

It’s not a problem at all. Don’t worry about it. I’ll remove that duplicate and answer here. :slight_smile:

The first problem I’m having is that if an admin logs in using their administrative credentials, they’re automatically redirected to the WordPress dashboard.

This is the default WordPress behavior, s2 doesn’t change it.

I’d like to give admins at least level 1 access, but, clearly don’t wish to change their role to subscriber for obvious reasons. I say that simply because I think that the administrator not having a membership level might be what’s causing the redirect to the dashhboard.

s2Member doesn’t restrict admin’s access. You don’t need to give them a level 1 role, because it’d alter their admin access. As an admin they’ll have level 1 access, and all the other levels as well.

:slight_smile: