S2member Profile Fields Not Showing Since BuddyPress 3.0

Hi guys, hope someone can help here. Since upgrading to BuddyPress 3.0, s2Member’s Profile Fields are no longer showing when viewed in the frontend. I’m using a PayPal Pro Form on registration which shows the fields just fine, but when logged in to the frontend and the profile viewed, the fields are missing!

What’s weird is if I go to the users profile in the backend I can see and edit the fields without issue. If I then resave the user profile in the backend (without making any changes) then they appear in the front end just fine.

I’m at a lost with what’s happening here, but seem to be having this issue since upgrading the latest version of BuddyPress.

Any help greatly appreciated?

Regards,
Rob

I’ve been doing some testing on my staging site and have discovered that rolling back to BuddyPress 2.9.4 resolves the issue. So there certainly seems to be a problem with s2Members Profile Fields and BuddyPress 3*

Can Anyone else confirm this, please? Again it’s strange because new profiles created after the BuddyPress upgrade do not show, but existing profiles do… Just to confirm, I’ve disabled all plugins except s2member Pro and BuddyPress and switched back to WordPress 2017 theme, still the same.

…Also on rollingback to BuddyPress 2.94 and then upgrading back to 3.* makes the profile visible again, but new users who register from this point experience the same issue.

This is very frustrating, any help greatly appreciated>

Rob.

Check for some CSS, that BuddyPress 3.0 adds. This can not be a problem with s2M itself.

Thanks @krumch thing is, if it was a CSS issue then wouldn’t the problem be visible all the time? The fact that profiles are visible after a resave points to a bug, right?

Remember, I’ve tried dumping my theme and using the stock WordPress 2017 theme, with no custom CSS or custom function file, still the same problem…

Thanks
Rob.

Not necessarily. It could simply be the order in which the CSS loads that is inconsistent. (Whichever loads later wins unless the earlier CSS is more specific or uses !important.)

@KTS915 thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand what you’re saying, but what I don’t understand is this can be duplicated using WordPress 2017 Theme, BuddyPress 3* and S2Member Pro

If it is a CSS problem then doesn’t that point to a compatibility issue with BuddyPress and s2Member? Of which, s2Member would then need to provide a fix. Or am I missing something here?

Thanks again for the replies guys…

Why s2Member and not Buddypress – especially as it is the latter which changed something?

Thanks @KTS915 this is true, However, I just assumed s2Member would need to be compatible with BuddyPress (as advertised), not necessarily the other way around…

It was compatible when that claim was published. Who knows what else buddypress is now incompatible with? If s2Member makes changes, what effects will they have on usability with other plugins or themes?