s2Member Pro Not Working

Hey there!

The s2Member Pro is not showing up on the s2Member plugin as an add on and I’m not getting the additional menu items.

I’ve read through the documentation so many times. My plugins are in the correct spot: /wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member.php and /wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/pro-module.php. They are the same version.

I am completely stumped! Can anyone pretty please help me with this??

Thank you so much!!

Do you have some sort of caching enabled on the site (whether as a plugin or from outside WP, such as Varnish)? Are you running a security plugin?

No, no caching plugin. There is Vaultpress installed though. I’ve run it on a clean install and it’s worked perfectly, so I’m thinking there’s a plugin conflict somewhere. It was working before, so maybe someone (it’s for a client) has installed a new plugin recently and caused it to break.

Yes, it definitely sounds like a conflict somewhere.

I’ve tested all of the plugins by installing and activating them on the clean site and nothing seemed to break the pro add-on. Do you possible know what else could be the issue? I’ve also installed the theme on the clean install and it’s working perfectly fine… yet it’s just not working on the live site. When I deactivate the free version of s2Member on the broken site, I don’t even get a messaging saying it needs to be installed for the pro add on to work so it’s like it just can’t see the add-on files…?

Have you tried just installing everything on the clean site and then cloning that to your live site?

I use the All-in-One WP Migration plugin to clone sites. The only thing I’ve found that I need to do manually after that is compare the .htaccess file of the cloned site with the original and add back some lines that might be missing.

I’ll give that a go! Thanks!