s2Member Pro not offered for automatic update, only basic

Hi! Just letting you know that with each update I am only offered the basic version and I have to redownload and reapply the latest version of s2Member Pro manually. Is it by design or a bug? Any issue if we don’t update the pro at all (are all updates contained in the base version also for pro users?)?

Thanks!

:slight_smile:

You don’t need to update the pro plugin anymore except if there are changes.

1 Like

No, Pro updates are not included in the Framework. You need to update it separately, and it’s not from the Plugins manager, but from the Pro updater that pops up at the top when it notices the Framework’s version is ahead of the Pro one. Or you can get it from your s2member.com Account page and upload it to your site (e.g. via Plugins > Add New). I haven’t built an auto-update feature for the Pro add-on yet.

Some releases ago I changed the thing that deactivated Pro if its version wasn’t matching the Framework, because I didn’t think it made sense: If it was so vital to update, deactivating it didn’t improve the situation, and if it wasn’t vital, deactivating it certainly worsened the situation. So I require a relatively recent Pro version, from last year.

Updating is up to you, but recommended and encouraged to have the latest version.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!!

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like