S2member pro isn't protecting my content anymore

I hope someone can help me. I’m not very tech savvy. I’ve been using s2member pro for years without issue. Now all of a sudden when I try to protect new content for members only, it doesn’t work. I select the membership level required but then when I update the draft or publish, the box showing the membership level clears and everything is publicly viewable. Any troubleshooting suggestions would be really appreciated!

I’ve also tried manually protecting it by going to the dashboard under ‘restriction options’ and adding the post ID under the appropriate member level but when I save the changes, the post ID disappears too and it remains pubicly viewable. I’ve tested other new posts and they won’t protect either.

It sounds like a conflict. Try Plugin Detective to solve the issue.

Thanks Tim! I followed your advice, it found no problems. But 4 plug ins were updated earlier today before I noticed the problem so I went through each one…when I deactivated Google Analytics it worked again. So now do I leave Google analytics deactivated or is there a way to fix it? Thanks so much for your help.

Take a look at this on the Google Analytics support forum: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/google-analytics-going-crazy/

I think you need to get the devs of that plugin to do something about this, or else find yourself an alternative to it.

Thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like