s2Member Pro Charged us Twice

Hi,

We just purchased s2Member Pro and we were charged the $89 twice. All of my information was filled out correctly except for the domain because I added the HTTPS. So I corrected it then submitted it and it went through. I believe we were charged twice because of that correction.

Will this charged be reversed or will it even be accepted? We ask that you only charge us once.

I assume you use your own forms and, if so, this will not happen with any of our customers would it? This may be a bug that needs to be addressed.

Thanks and regards,

Josh

Hi Josh!

Will this charged be reversed or will it even be accepted? We ask that you only charge us once.

Of course! I just saw your two payments and this post, and refunded the second charge. Stripe says it may take a few days to show up on your bank, though.

Screenshot_2019-11-17%20Dashboard%20%E2%80%93%20s2Member%20CH%20%E2%80%93%20Stripe

I assume you use your own forms and, if so, this will not happen with any of our customers would it? This may be a bug that needs to be addressed.

Of course, we use s2Member on s2member.com, and you’re the first one I see this happen with.

I have tested as much as I could trying to cause a duplicate charge during the development and beta releases, but couldn’t do it.

I would like more details about what you did to have this happen. If there’s anything you can add, that’d be very helpful. I’ll look closer to see what I can find.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for doing that.

All I did was fill out all of the information, then I clicked on Submit Form. After clicking on Submit Form a popup appeared and said the domain name should not have an HTTP, just example.com. I then changed it and clicked on Submit Form again and it went through. I then clicked on Login that was on the same page.

That is all that happened. It sounds like after clicking on Submit Form (with incorrect information) it already sent it through to Stripe but your website did not validate it.

Since we have a bbPress/BuddyPress based theme, will they still have to validate their email before they can log in? In other words, will that form’s registration work seamlessly with our registration? I assume it will. I am about to run some tests here soon.

Thanks and regards,

Josh

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. Thank you for the additional info! Very helpful. It may be related to custom profile fields when they don’t validate. I’ll look into that.

For BuddyPress with s2, you may be interested in watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yiph5uqXgI

And for bbPress, take a look here: WP Admin > s2Member > Other Integrations > bbPress

:slight_smile:

1 Like