S2member no longer sending signup notifications

Hi,

Since I changed my websites hosting to WPengine, S2member is no longer sending signup notification emails.

The registration email gets sent through s2member but I don’t get the signup api notification email that I used to.

Also the only email recieved by a user who registers is the modified WP welcome email. They previously used to get an email from s2member which summarised the order (E.g. the amount paid and discount applied).

However, EOT emails seem to be working okay.

I have looked through the log files but I can’t see any errors.

I have also run the s2member scanner which returned no errors: https://s2member.com/kb-article/server-scanner/

In my settings I have each of the api notifications to send to my email under “Send an email transaction log of this event”

I’m not sure where else to look so any help would be appreciated.

Use the Email Log plugin to log emails. If that shows emails being sent out, then the problem is with your host. Use the Postman SMTP plugin to diagnose and fix such issues.

Thanks for the info on the email logger.

The problem turned out to be WP-Spamshield preventing the emails from being sent.

Anyone else with the same issue you can prevent it from occuring by ticking “Disable anti-spam for miscellaneous forms.” in WP-Spamshield settings.

This will stop spamshield filtering anything coming from S2member.

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes