S2Member no longer protecting page correctly

I have a page for administrators ONLY to have access to.

So page is set to Level 5.
which I have as the max level.

Administrators used to always be able to access the page.
Meaning “Administrator”, the Wordpress top level.

I’m logged in with the superuser account and the page is taking me to the forbidden page:
https://domain.tld/blog/access-forbidden?_s2member_vars=page..level..5..page..XXXX..dahdahdahdahDeleted%3D&_s2member_sig=dahdahdahdahDeleted

I don’t have a custom capability set for the page, just the level required as Level 5.
Super Admin used to always be able to access it, no problems.
Anyone know what happened?

Was there an update that disabled this?

-Richard

anyone? I even logged out and back in. same thing. I’m logged in as the superadmin (userid 1)… no idea why it would not be letting me in there…

-Richard

Hi Richard.

That sounds strange. s2Member would not restrict access to an administrator.

Check what your WP role is and that it has the capability access_s2member_level5. You can use this plugin to help you: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/

It does. Everything is checked for Administrator… I use that plugin already. So I went in and checked it.
Everything is checked, yet I still am getting the forbidden error.

very, very odd.

-Richard

You mentioned that the Super Admin is the one with the access problem. Is this a role different from the Administrator one? Did you check if this other role also has the s2Member Level 5 acces capability?

I’m logged into id 1, and it is set as Administrator, I don’t see other admin roles… so it has everything. including level 5.
It never blocked me from those pages before. it is very odd that it is blocking me. I’ve checked everything. maybe I should change the access levels of the pages to level 4 and then back to 5? I don’t know what that would do, but I’m out of ideas.

Gotcha.

If you want me to take a look at your installation, you can private message me the login details and i’ll check it out.