s2Member Framework not compatible with PHP 7.3

I am getting WordPress warnings that I’m on an insecure version of PHP. I would like to change to the latest version PHP 7.3, but there are incompatibility problems with s2Member Framework, viz.

FILE: /home/u3app/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/paragonie/random_compat/lib/byte_safe_strings.php

FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 2 WARNINGS AFFECTING 2 LINES

32 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.func_overload’ is deprecated since PHP 7.2

86 | WARNING | INI directive ‘mbstring.func_overload’ is deprecated since PHP 7.2

FILE: /home/u3app/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/src/vendor/paragonie/random_compat/lib/random_bytes_mcrypt.php

FOUND 3 ERRORS AFFECTING 1 LINE

58 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use random_bytes() or OpenSSL instead

58 | ERROR | Extension ‘mcrypt’ is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead

58 | ERROR | The constant “MCRYPT_DEV_URANDOM” is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2

I tool a look at the software and these warnings occur in the compatibility function that is only intended to be applied in legacy installations. Compatibility code is going to throw some warnings which are a non-issue if that code is never called.

I can’t say for certain it is not an issue without investing a lot of time to reverse engineer the code.

I wouldn’t lose sleep over it though.