s2Member - Download Options Custom Redirect

Hi,

Have been wondering if there’s way to set-up a custom redirect in Download Option feature for the links protected by s2Member. By default, once you upload the intended file to …/s2member-files, set-up desired parameters and serve the link on your website, s2member handles the download of that file. Makes it available to the members and redirects others to the “Membership Option” page that you set-up in the initial plugin config.

Is there a way to set a custom redirect for a link (probably on a link-to-link basis) so that users land-up on a different page and not on the Membership options page?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi Aniket.

What you can do is have a custom code on your Membership Options Page (MOP) that checks the MOP Variables, and then changes the message shown, or redirects to another page, based on that.

See:

WP Admin > s2Member > API / Scripting > Membership Options Page Variables

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Hi Cristián,

Thanks for your reply. I eventually did that. I figured out that apparently there’s no way that could directly help me achieve that. However, IMO that should be a nice option/attribute/query param to have in additional to the other useful options that we have for Download feature.

Hope it finds a way into s2Member. Thanks!

1 Like

I agree. This is in my list. Although not high in priority, I plan to include it at some point. I wrote down your vote for this feature. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like