S2Member Custom reg field 'Opt-in'

I want to remove the ‘I want to receive updates by email’ ticked check box from my registration page. Looking at the page source it appears as:
@

Yes, I want to receive updates via email.

I cannot see this profile field anywhere in my Registration/Custom Fields and Options.
How can I remove this field?

That field is nothing to do with s2Member. Some other plugin, or perhaps your theme, is adding it.

Hi Tim
Thanks, however I am puzzled . Somehow the code I included seems to have disappeared from my post above. So I will just try it again. It just appears to be part of S2member:

label for=“ws-plugin–s2member-custom-reg-field-opt-in”
input type=“checkbox” name=“ws_plugin__s2member_custom_reg_field_opt_in” id=“ws-plugin–s2member-custom-reg-field-opt-in” class=“ws-plugin–s2member-custom-reg-field” value=“1” checked=“checked” tabindex=“72” /
Yes, I want to receive updates via email./label

I do have Mail Chimp but I have deactivated the integration which removed what was a second check box of the same nature.

I used to have another email plugin, deactivated and deleted when I opted for Mail Chimp - could that have left something ‘isolated’ that does this?

Quite possibly. s2Member doesn’t send emails about “updates” so it certainly isn’t originating this code.

That’s just how it looks. It doesn’t tell us anything about how it got there.