S2member custom capability

Hi,

I am using S2member pro plguin.I am using S2member with wp courseware plugin.What i want to do is I want to create custom capability for the courses.I want to give user only particular course access for particular days after that time user membership will expire.Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks

WP Courseware has an s2member plugin. Have you installed it and become familiar?

1 Like

Hi kupushpa.

It looks like WP Courseware for s2Member integrates via Levels (wordpress roles) only, not capabilities. I suggest that you check with them about that.

Regarding dripping content, s2 has the s2Drip shortcode. https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2drip-shortcode/

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Guys,

Thanks for your reply.I have few more things as well if you can help me with that as well.

1. I Have created some custom fields in s2member can you guys let me know can i assign courses on the basis of custom fields in s2member .

2. Is there any way in s2member that user can only view data which is associated with its membership level.for e.g level 1 user can only view level 1 data in this I face one issue level 4 user can view all data but i don’t want this level 4 should only view level 4 data.

Thanks

The answer to both questions is…Yes.

In each course unit you should see the S2member admin interface. Just set the course unit to the protection level you want for that unit and add the custom capabilities they require.

1 Like

I want to break out many features into their own add-ons, and for this I’d like to have an add-ons manager instead of cluttering the built-in plugins manager. And of course it’d include the updater needed for them. I’m jotting down several ideas for this. If you come across an add-on manager you like, let me know, I’d like to take a look too. :slight_smile:

The difference between addons and plugins is subtle. I have the same aspiration as you but have yet to find a suitable OOTB solution. Additionally, it may not be applicable to WordPress.org plugins. The .org review team considers plugins to be THE addons mechanism. From a security perspective a self-contained plugin can be reviewed by the .org team but if there is an “addon” capability then all nasty plugin suppliers would then just add all their nasty code to addons that were not reviewed by the .org team. Just something to keep in mind.

I’d recommend this for the updater function: https://codepotent.com/classicpress/plugins/update-manager/

But that still leaves you needing a plugins manager.