s2member configuration is lost

Hello everybody,
I am new to this forum and am new to s2member.

It has already happened to me 2 times that the module loses all the configuration, the rows in the database disappear (I have already checked and it loses only the settings related to s2member)

Can you tell me how to solve the problem?

My current configuration:
Dedicated server with plesk panel 18
WordPress 5.5.3
s2Member Framework version 201225

Unfortunately I cannot switch to the latest version of wordpress due to some incompatibility with the theme.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hi Danilo.

That’s is something weird. I have seen a similar problem only with the EOT configuration, and only one user had the problem with the custom level labels and categories restriction. You’re the first one I hear about with all data lost.

Do you have the deletion safeguards enabled? WP admin > s2Member > General > Deletion Safeguards

I don’t see any way that s2 would remove the data and options, not on update, not even on deletion when the safeguard is enabled.

It feels as if some 3rd party (a script or person) had ran s2’s removal code, bypassing the safeguard. Otherwise I can’t image why only s2’s settings would be lost, all of them, as if you had deleted them on removal.

Even a mistake or a plugin conflict would be hard to consider as a reason. I can consider it for the loss of EOT options alone, for example, but everything…

Do you have any logs that could give an idea of what happened? Can you notice anything in common between the two times you had it happen?

I look forward to more details. Thanks!