S2Member API / List Servers, Aweber, and AW Pro Tools. How do I get them to play together nicely?

Hello Everyone. Looking for some help with the “API / List Servers”. I am using Aweber and Aw Pro Tools for my email lists. I have 3 lists that I am trying to get to move list users properly, but seem be having problems with the “Automate Un-Subscribe/Opt-Out Removals” doing what I want it to do. Hopefully someone else out there has come across this with a solution or maybe somebody can give me an idea or pointers on the best way to handle this.

I have a prospect list that individuals get signed up for with Ninja Popups. They then will go through a scheduled email follow up segment on my prospects list. At any time they can join my website as a free member or paid member. At such time they switch from a prospect to a joined member, I would then have them to go to another list depending on which membership tier they choose “free” – Free email segment or “paid – Paid email segment”.

Everything seems to be working fine when moving from prospect list to free or paid list using the “AWeber List Server Integration”. My problem arises once the paid member decides to go back to the free tier. Because I am using “Automate Un-Subscribe/Opt-Out Removals” the paid member goes back to the “free” segment list. I don’t want my members to go through the entire list segment again and I have checked different options on the “Automate Un-Subscribe/Opt-Out Removals”, but the only way I seem to get my list members to transfer between lists is by choosing “Yes (always automatically transition, even if NOT removed from a previous list)”.

If anyone can please give me some feedback on the best way to handle this I would greatly appreciate it as I have been trying to wrap my brain around the best way to handle this for some time now and I need to move onto other things on my website, but I need to get this crucial area working. If you have questions for me please let me know. Thanks!

It sounds like you actually have 3 tiers of membership (counting not being a member):

1. Not a member (Prospect). Are these people actually subscribed to the site by your form or just added to your mailing list?
  2. Free Member
  3. Paid Member

But it also sounds like you only have 2 lists. In order to get people properly moved to the free list, I think you’ll need to have 3 lists as well. Then when a Paid Member gets demoted they’ll get moved to the Free Member list instead of the Prospect list. Does that make sense?

Hi Jedi Shark! Yes it makes perfect sense, but something isn’t right or I am overlooking the obvious (which is probable). I am creating a sales funnel and it starts with the prospects. Yes you could say their are 3 tiers. That is how I currently have it setup. One list for prospects, one list for free members, and one list for paid members. I will have sub lists going out from them with AW Pro Tools (eventually), but I need to figure out how to keep the paid member from going back to the free members list because it will send them the same emails they may have already received. I would like to move them to another segmented list after they end their paid membership, however because of how I have my settings setup in S2Member they are automatically moving back to the free member list. I am sure i am missing something simple, but its one of those things that when you have looked at it for so long you can’t seem to see the obvious right in front of you. :smile:

Unfortunately, I don’t think you are going to be able to do what you want without custom code. (And working with the aWeber API is a PITA, pardon my French.) s2Member relies on Membership Levels for transitioning lists and, honestly, what else COULD it rely on? That works fine for most people’s purposes.

However, you MIGHT be able to do what you want in aWeber itself? Have you thought about using Tags on your lists? Maybe you could keep the Campaigns from repeating if you tag the Subscribers as having received the Campaign and then make NOT being tagged a condition of triggering the Campaign? The implementation of Tags for conditions is not perfect at aWeber, but I think you should be able to make this work.

Thanks for your feedback. I am sure I am making it harder than what it needs to be. I will look into campaigns more. I am using AW Pro Tools also so I would think there should be some way to do what I want to do. :slight_smile:

Do you know how S2Member Notification API’s work? I have someone at AW Pro Tools working with me on Notification URLs and they cannot get it to trigger. He asked if I could get S2Member Support involved, but I don’t know how I would go about doing that. It’s crazy you would think what I am trying to do wouldn’t be that difficult to achieve, yet I can’t get anyone to help me. :frowning: All I want is users to move from one list to another depending what level they are on… You have any other ideas that can help me?

I’ve got the aWeber API working, but haven’t tied it in with s2Member Notifications yet. (I do know how they work. :wink: ) As I said, when I have the flow working I’ll gladly share my code, although it will only be generally related to what you are looking to do. I hope to have it done by Saturday at the latest.

Keep me posted. I need help badly… :slight_smile: I’ve only been fighting this for over a month now. :fearful: I just emailed Krum to see if he could help me too.

Well, if you are looking for paid assistance, fill out a contact form at https://sitegeeks.guru/contact-us. Otherwise, stay tuned. :slight_smile:

I sent a request over there. :wink: