S2Member and WPEP plugin

Hi,

Need some help. I am using S2member and WPEP plugin to deliver a course. The course comes in two packages, the basic course has seven modules and the advanced course has the seven modules and an extra module.

Each module is basically a series of videos. The WPEP plugin helps guide people through the various videos in an orderly fashion. Digital Marketer uses these to deliver their execution plans on their site.

I have created two buy buttons using stripe pro forms, one for basic course and one for advanced course

Each buy button is set to membership level 1.

For the basic course I have also set a custom capability to “nat”

For the advanced course I have set the custom capability to “nat,ivf”

At page level all appear ok, when a basic member logs in they either see a page with a menu of 7 links to the seven modules for basic access or if an advanced member logs in they see a page with 8 links, 7 to the 7 basic modules and 1 to the advanced module

When you click on a link in the menu you are then brought to a page that has a WPEP short code to deliver that module which is a series of videos.

All is good for basic members , when you click on any of the module pages you load the right page, you can see the various videos controlled by JWPlayer and when you click play off they go.

The problem is with the advanced member, here as I said you can see the full menu of modules and if you click on any link all of the module pages will load so you can see the videos.

As an advanced user modules 1 - 7 will load and run ok but module 8 the advanced module will load but if you click play on any of the videos in it nothing happens, they video stays black , it appears to be doing something but nothing happens.

So for advanced member I can see the right menu, I can click on all of the 8 modules and load all of the pages , they pages look good, all options available but for module 8 when I click on the video nothing.

Any insights much appreciated.

Wordpress allows me to set the S2member access levels in two places, one at page level using boxs in right hand site of the page but also at the WPEP level. This done in the same way as pages. Do I need to set this twice ?

The videos for the course are stored on AWS , this is not an issue as I moved a video that was in module 8 and not playing into module one and it played ok.

Much appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers

John

I have no idea what WPEP is. And your setup sounds pretty complicated, so it’s going to be difficult for anyone here to help you. But I wonder whether you are actually protecting the files in the right way.

Files aren’t protected by protecting the post or page from which they are linked. They have their own protection. Have you set that up correctly so that each file is within the appropriate ccap-protected folder?

Hi,

Thanks for you feedback, this may be a Chrome issue, Using IE on Windows 10 the video played. I am looking further into it. Thanks again, appreciate the reply

John