S2member admin with no access to view page

i have s2member pro, just did a full update to wordpress and s2member, but now when i am logged in as admin, i cant view any pages with restrictions set (whereas before the update i could). I’ve checked with other regular users (by using switch to user) and it works for them, but under the admin account, i can’t see anything on restricted pages, i keep getting sent back to the purchase page. how can this be fixed?

Hi Troy,

That’s very odd. s2member doesn’t apply the level restrictions to an admin account. Did you use conditionals for custom capabilities, or for a specific level? In those cases, the Admin would be left out, but you wouldn’t get redirected either.

Did you udpate/change anything else that may have affected your account’s role or capabilities? https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2member-rolescapabilities/

:slight_smile:

i had been slacking big time on updates. So i had done a full wordpress update (from 4.6 to 5.2 or whatever is the most current) and had a bunch of plugins to also update. I did them all.
Everything works the way it should other than me being an admin i cant access ANY pages that have a required user level above 1. I can access the back end perfectly, i can switch to users and they have the ability to see restricted pages.
I’ve never used conditionals before, i had always just used whatever the set up was that it came as. Just added in user levels and base the restrictions based on that

I see… Well, it’s very strange. I’d review the Administrator role to make sure that it’s as it’s supposed to.

Maybe it lost its access_s2member_level# capabilities for some reason. https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2member-rolescapabilities/

You can try resetting the s2Member roles and capabiliites, and then review the WP role with the User Role Editor…

WP Admin > s2Member > General > Membership Level/Labels > Reset

i’ll give it a try, thank you. I just made a new admin and same thing, no access to anything restricted.

Ahhhh, that did it!! Thank you very much Cristián!!

1 Like

Great! :smiley: