S2 Member Pro Removed Installed PlugIn access

I just purchased s2 Member Pro (V 170722) plugin and installed it automatically via wordpress and the zip file. Installation seemed to go ok. Now I am am unable to open the installed plugin from the DASHBOARD to activate pro with mi licence. I get a ERROR 504 - GATEWAY TIMEOUT when trying to open INSTALLED PLUGINS. I can open the the plugin.php file but am not sure what I am looking for. Any help appreciated.

Bob

You can’t install Pro like a regular plugin. You need to use FTP. (Once installed, you can update it the usual way.)

Thanks for your help Tim. I was installing the S2 Plugin first ie. the s2member170722.zip. The instructions did say “It is also possible to upload the s2member.zip file straight into WordPress (i.e., without using an FTP application)” However I did follow your advice and uploaded via FTP but I gues the damage is done. I am unable to get the the plugin via the dashboard which now generates an ERROR 504 - GATEWAY TIMEOUT. All other parts of my site are working fine. Thanks for your time in answering but I need another answer.

Incidentally - s2Member loaded successfully - both times.
Cheers
Bob

The Error Code was resolved by removing the browser cache.

Busting caches was going to be my next suggestion! Yes, s2Member can be installed via zip, but the Pro extension requires FTP the first time it’s installed.

Thanks Tim. All good.