S2 Member has disappeared from my WP Admin dashboard after latest upgrade

Upgraded Multisite to s2Member v190617 (Framework and Pro) and now S2 Member has disappeared from my WP Admin dashboard for my sites. Any ideas why and how to resolve it?

Hi Brian.

Did it disappear from the sidebar, or from your plugins list?

If it’s not in the list, then go check in your wp-content/plugins that it’s there.

If it is in the WP Network Admin > Plugins list, is it active network-wide?

I look forward to your update. :slight_smile:

Hi Christian it is missing in the WP Admin sidebar but it is in the plugins list and set to network wide?

Did you apply the patches? Network Admin > s2Member > Multisite WordPress Patches

In the network, is s2Member active? Network Admin > Plugins

In the blog, is s2Member active? Blog Admin > Plugins

Can I see screenshots?

:slight_smile:

I do still have this issue where the S2Member is not showing up in the Admin menu on my site - I have answered your questions per below:

Thanks for the screenshots.

You’re looking at the Network’s Admin. The s2Member options there are what you showed me.

You see, you have the network of sites, and the sites. You can manage the sites individually, or the network. The screenshots you showed me, are from the network’s admin area. You need to go to the admin for one of the sites in the network, to see all the s2Member options for that site.

To see s2Member’s admin pages, you’d go to one of the blog’s dashboards. In the navigation at the top, click on My Sites, and go to the Dashboard of one of them. There you’ll see s2Member in the navigation too, but it will have all the regular options pages.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

I understand that - the s2Member only shows up in the Network admin it does not show up in the navigation for the v2vangling site that’s been the problem all along its in the network navigation but not the sites admin. That’s still the big problem. Regards Brian

Okay, I understand what you say now. That’s very weird, though… If you activate it in the Network Admin > Plugins, it’s network active, and it shows up in the Child Blog’s admin navigation.

I just tried it, and it works fine. I actually can’t remove it form the child blog without deactivating s2 network-wide.

What does it say in your child blog’s Plugins page? Is s2Member shown there? You mentioned it is, but I’m not sure if you meant the Network’s or the Child’s plugins list. It would look like this:

Screenshot_2019-10-04%20Plugins%20%E2%80%B9%20s2Member%20Tests%20Install%20%E2%80%94%20WordPress

Maybe some plugin is conflicting and causing that weird behavior, making s2 disappear from the navigation, although it’s active for that blog…

I think I have found the culprit - I went through the plugins switched them all off then back on one by one and its the WooCommerce plugin that causes the s2Member to disappear from the child admin menu.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! I’m glad you found the cause. :slight_smile: