S2 Member After Payment Redirection

Good Evening All,

First up thanks to anyone reading this and for any help in advance. I am not a web designer but I am also not a total novice but have hit an issue with the pending release of my site. My web designer has gone AWAL so I am stuck and cannot release my site until this issue is resolved. I desperately need help.

Problem:

After successfully paying with PayPal the customer is directed to a plain page that says:

[ http://www.xxxxxxxx.com ] says…
Thank you! Your account has been approved.
The next step is to Register a Username for immediate access.

Am I able to avoid/redirect this page altogether and if not can this page be edited and where?

Thanks

You could assign a custom template to that page.
In that template file you can then add a redirect to the page you want them to go.
It could look something like this:

<?php
/**
* Some info about this template
* Template Name: Paypal Redirect
*/

$redirect_url = 'path/to/where/you/want/them';
wp_redirect($redirect_url);
exit;

?>

So create a file ‘paypal-approved.php’ (or any other name you like) in the root of your (child)theme.
Open that file in a editor, paste the above code in it and save it.
In the Wordpress back-end find the page that PayPal uses, open it for editing, and assign the template ‘Paypal Redirect’ (the Template name from the above code) to it (in the section ‘Page attributes’).
I think this should work.

Alternatively, read the docs of shortcode’s attributes, there was something like “success”, I think… It allows to set redirect “after successful payment” URL.

success=“URL HERE”. You add that line into any pro forms short code. For example:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level=“2” **success=“URL HERE”** ccaps="" desc=“1 Month @ $10 / then $10 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“USD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“www.yoursite.com” ra=“10” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” rrt="" rra=“2” accept=“paypal” accept_via_paypal=“paypal” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code="" captcha=“0” /]

Notice the success string bolded

If you post your pro forms shortcode here, I can modify it to suit your need.

hye i have also the same problem when i create account using stripe pro form by click on the create account button it does not redirect to any page i also use the success attribute but all in vien
please help me my site is live

here is the short code

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“7 Days @ $1.00 / then $25 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” cc=“USD” custom=“uopblog.com” ta=“1.00” tp=“7” tt=“D” ra=“25” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code=“US” captcha=“0” success=“https://uopblog.com” /]

Good Evening All,

Sorry for the slow response, I wanted to thank you all for your input here…I will be assigning a custom template as suggested by Woohoo and the others…BUT…

Interestingly the issues has become worse…I have hit another strange issue since Sunday afternoon with no changes being made to the website…my original PayPal signup links that were set up months ago work but I dont use these to test as they are for full membership amounts and cannot be fully refunded when testing. I also had set up a 1pence PayPal button hidden within my site for test signups and up to Sunday this was working for testing. I have attempted to recreate many differing variations of PayPal button via S2 Member but none will now work, I contacted PayPal but they seemed to think all was ok at their end.

I desperately need to test the site so that I can get back to the original issue of the site not assigning paid members correctly so I can go live.

When I select the newly created buttons, or the old test button (that was working) I am asked to sign into PayPal as usual but then I am presented with the following error displayed in the screenshot below:

Can you shed any light on this, are you familiar with this fault?

Button created:
Short Code: [s2Member-PayPal-Button level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“Student Member / description and pricing details here.” ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“GBP” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“www.studentmotorsport.com” ta=“0.01” tp=“1” tt=“Y” ra=“0.01” rp=“1” rt=“Y” rr=“1” rrt="" rra=“1” image=“default” output=“button” /]

‘Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link’

I will be adding this as a new post as I have been trying to fix this issue for days on end without any success and my launch is looming :frowning:

Any help is really appreciated :slight_smile:

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

I have contacted S2Member directly but they will not support me as I am not a Pro user…I said I would upgrade to Pro if it would solve the problem…

I do not understand this any PayPal button I create using S2 Member in WordPress fails, my original links work but I need to test the sign up procedure at a lower cost.

“Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link”

Shortcode (test amount 1penny)

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“Student Member annual membership” ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“GBP” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom=“www.studentmotorsport.com” ta=“0.01” tp=“1” tt=“Y” ra=“0.01” rp=“1” rt=“Y” rr=“1” rrt="" rra=“1” image=“default” output=“button” /]

Error Image:

I think I will have to start looking for an alternative membership plugin as I cannot launch my site.

Please anyone, help if you can it’s much appreciated.

With regards

JP

JP, you committed the cardinal error on support forums. You asked for help, got it, then didn’t respond for weeks … and then came back with what you said was a “desperate” issue.

Whether you stick with s2Member or change to another plugin, no-one will be interested in helping you if do that. If you get help, respond quickly. Above all, never delay and then claim your issue is urgent!

As to your problem, that PayPal error almost always reflects an issue on PayPal’s end. I’d try clearing your bowser cache and cookies, or using a different browser.

Tim,

Thanks for getting back to be and for being so straight with me…to be honest I needed to hear that and deserved it…apologies for the poor ‘tone’ in my message I am just a little desperate to fix this.

Lesson learned…perhaps I should revisit and amend my original post?

With regards to your advice, I was able to fix my original issue and should have responded (very poor I know) but as noted recently a new issue had developed and hence my desperation. I have done as you noted previously, cleared cache, switched to Chrome and Firefox and still suffer the same issue.

I will re-contact PayPal and see if they can help but last time advised to wait 24 hours ‘to see if issue went’.

Many thanks again.

JP