S2 Feature Requests

Hi Cristian,

I know you must be swamped with troubleshooting issues and I was planning to hold off on inquiring about any feature requests by my subscription site has grown to a point where I can no longer manually manage the first item below & was wondering what the likelihood that you (or anyone else) can add this feature to S2Member Pro. I am willing to pay for your (or anyone else’s) time to do so.

1. I run BuddyPress on my site. When a free trial member (level 2) or an existing paid subscriber (level 1 or 3) cancels their membership they are demoted to level 0. I need them to also be removed from any of the Groups that they have joined in BuddyPress. This is a feature for the premium version of MemberPress so I’d imagine it can be done with S2Member.

As of now, I must manually check hundreds of members in over a dozen groups regularly to see who is no longer a paid subscriber & then manually delete them from each group or else they continue to receive emails from those groups containing premium content from the site.

1. Not as pressing but a valuable & probably easy feature to add: When viewing All Posts in the WP dashboard, it would be a big help if the S2 column had a sort function like many of the other columns such as Date & Comments.

My protected posts are time-sensitive but after a limited amount of time (which varies), I go back to remove the S2 restriction. Adding a sort toggle to that column to place all S2 restricted posts, starting with the most recent, at the top would be a big help.

1. This ties into #2 above: Also when viewing All Posts via WP dashboard, add functionality to the Quick Edit to change/remove the S2 restriction level. As of now, I have to open the post under the full edit feature which takes a long time when I batch out a dozen or more S2 restricted posts to remove the restriction.

Please let me know the likelihood of any of all of these features being added to S2 Pro (or if anyone is willing & able to help.) Thanks

1 Like

Hi Randy.

Yes, I have quite a ton of things going on right now, but your feature requests are still welcome! And any problem you need help with as well.

About the requests’ likelihood: high.

Point 1 I hadn’t considered, not having used BP myself yet, I’m not vary familiar with its features or the potential depth of the integration. I do want to make it a much stronger integration, though, so I made a note of what you asked, it sounds very good.

The other points I have planned to add already.

No ETA, though, i hope you understand. I have higher priorities, like some Auth.net and PayPal issues, but new features I plan to add as soon as possible. Look forward to them. :slight_smile:

In the meantime, isn’t there a way to update those things in bulk? I found this hack to add users in bulk to a group, maybe you can modify it a bit to remove them in bulk too. https://wptavern.com/how-to-add-users-to-buddypress-groups-in-bulk

Here’s a hack that explains how to add a user to groups on signup, maybe it can inspire a hack to remove them on demotion. https://s2member.com/kb-article/how-can-i-automatically-add-a-user-to-a-buddypress-group/

Also remember the Notifications API, which you could use to trigger a custom script that removes the user from any groups he was in. https://s2member.com/kb-article/building-an-api-notification-handler-webhook/

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Very much appreciated. I am going to pass that along to a developer to see if he can modify it to do what I need. If successful, I’ll pass it along to you. Thanks again for your help & quick reply.

1 Like

:wink:

So a “major” release drops, and something as simple BUT needed as:
This ties into #2 above: Also when viewing All Posts via WP dashboard, add functionality to the Quick Edit to change/remove the S2 restriction level. As of now, I have to open the post under the full edit feature which takes a long time when I batch out a dozen or more S2 restricted posts to remove the restriction.

is not added?

Hi Grant.

My next focus now will be to improve the user interface. There will be other things too, but that is the next big thing to work on.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you add please, s2member protected posts view count per member?
So we know how many protected post/links a member has accessed.
This would be useful if we offer full/half/no refunds.
Thank you.

A views/uses counter/log, right? Yes, that’s in the plans, but not at the top. I added your vote for it. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, i hope you and the developer team are fine.
People complain of no support here.

1 Like