S2 EOT cron job gone missing - comes back after re-saving plugin settings

Hi guys - just wanted to draw your attention to something.

I noticed today that a member had an EOT date that was in the past, and upon inspection, the s2 cron job was not set.

It has been set for many many months, without me touching s2.

Upon re-saving the s2 plugin settings, the cron job was re-instated.

The out of date EOT was then automatically actioned.

Just wanted to bring this up - as I’ve seen a few people on here say that their members were not being demoted etc.

I’m not sure if WP core automatic updates may cause this to happen?

That’s the only thing that I can think of that has happened on my site recently.

Let me know your thoughts - and indeed, if this is a bug that @jaswrks should be aware of?

Ross :slight_smile:

Having the same issue, noticed that many of my EOT dates were long past due, went to check on the EOT settings and the setting to use a cronjob was unset. I did not change this setting, so I am wondering what happened.

I think this may have something to do with WP auto updates and the way cron jobs are scheduled after each update.

I noticed that WP had broke its own ability to auto-update 2 weeks back - https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2018/02/broken-auto-update/

That messed up cron jobs - so it could be related to this, if your issue, like mine, is relatively recent.

I’m having this same problem, except my EOT was still set. None of the users that were suppose to expire on Jan 1 did so - still all active.

I can guarantee that your EOT cron job is NOT actually set, regardless of what that setting shows.

Click ‘Save Changes’ and it will reinstate the cron job! :+1::grinning::+1:

I have done that multiple times - still nothing expires.

The attached image shows that this Full Member should have demoted to Free Subscriber on 1/1/2018 but did not and has not (even with multiple saves to the setting above.

Download a plugin to show you a list of cron jobs on your install - something like this:

Check to see if the s2 Auto EOT is showing up.

There could be a plugin conflict which is stopping cron from running too.

Let’s see if it’s scheduled first.