Restricting posts page, but allowing menu

Hi Everyone,

I run S2Member Pro on my site, and absolutely love it.

At the moment I have my Posts page set to Level 1, but I’ve allowed restricted pages to be seen in the menu. Even though the Posts page is restricted, you can still click on it as a non-member and see the restricted posts.

I want non-members to be able to see the Posts page (so they can see what is offered to members), but I don’t want people to be actually be able to click on it and see the posts. With other restricted pages, it automatically redirects them to the sales page. In this case, people can see the title of the restricted posts (even though they can’t click on the posts).

Is there a way to redirect people from the Posts page to the sales page if they’re not logged in?

Hope that made sense!

How are you allowing pages to be seen in the menu? If you have relaxed Alternative View Restrictions, I’d suggest setting that back to All and using the Nav Menu Roles plugin to control menu access instead. This should then enable you to protect the posts page.

Thanks Tim, really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I tried your suggestion, but I’m still getting the same result.

I’ve set the Posts page is set to s2Member Level 1, but non-members can still view the Posts page (ie, they can see all of the posts listed, but can’t click through to read the posts).
I would like to ensure that non-members cannot click through to the Posts page, but that the menu is still displayed to non-members.

To give you some background, people who visit the site don’t exactly understand what it is they they get with their membership. I would like all of the menus that are only available to members to seen by non-members, but disable their ability to click on those pages (ie, if they click on the Posts page, it just sends them to the Join page).

That doesn’t sound right. If this is a regular page, then protections should work the same here as for any other post or page. So my guess is that you have a plugin or theme conflict.

Are you running a security or caching plugin or a big theme with tons of options? Is your host running some sort of caching module (like Varnish)?

Okay, so apparently the Posts page is a special page, and the drop-down s2Member restrictions don’t work for it.

Found this page about it: https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/posts-page-still-accessible/index.html

I just tried the URI Access option and it fixed it! :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help Tim, appreciate it.

1 Like