Restrict by custom post publish/update DATE

Hi,

I am developing a listings site with only 2 membership levels, basic and premium and I only want to restrict access to content based on the custom post publish/update DATE as follows:

1. Premium member see all listings as soon as they are publish/updated.
  2. Basic members see listings that were published/updated x number of days ago (i.e. older listings)

Is this possible? And if so, how can I implement it. Thank you in advance.

Must be possible with this hack.

krumch,

Thank you so much for your response, However I don’t understand how to implement this for the post date. All of these articles talk about registration date or transaction date, but not post date. If you know exactly what I would have to put and where I would really appreciate it (I am not a programmer, just a regular guy trying to get a site up and running). Thanks again!
:confused:

Well, not easy way to explain to a non-programmer, sorry… If you need a developer, please PM me.

I’m sorry!!! My bad!!! I thought this was a COMMUNITY forum not a developer for hire advertisement platform. I am not a programmer, but I can edit and hack a file here and there with the right direction. ANYBODY??? I know it should be a small edit to achieve this… Thanks!!

You can only possibly “know” that if you know what the solution is. And you evidently don’t.

In fact, the solution isn’t “a small edit.” It requires significant work. While this is a community forum, it’s reasonable to expect to pay someone for putting in that level of work.

If you don’t want to accept @krumch’s offer, that’s fine. But don’t make it sound like you have a right to the fruits of others’ endeavors for free.

Actually I’m NOT the one saying the above, @krumch is, and here is what he said in the following page:
http://krumch.com/2013/10/09/kc-s2member-drip-post-timer/

“It is easy to implement, with just one file to edit.”, but anyways… sorry that ya’ll got all upset and for the inconvenience this has caused you guys. I’m just tiered of paying good money for NON-solutions

Sorry about misunderstanding, at the page at my site I mean “Easy for who know what to do”. It’s easy for me (one hour or less, and 35+ years programming practice before), but may be difficult for you.