Restrict access of a page to specific free level, not multiple levels

Im using S2pro. I thought I could easily add multiple free levels that have access to only the generic free level content and 2 additional pages specific to each level. Ive been emailing with tech support but cant seem to get a clear answer on what code is needed. Do I need custom capabilities or conditionals? Do these go in the custom capability window of the page that I want to restrict or in the proform short code? Also, since Im new to custom capabilities, I don`t know how to create or name one ( there seems to be a difference) and where this is done.
Thanks for your help,
Christopher

You will need custom capabilities (ccaps). There’s a video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F91xzrmq-Q

Conditionals are used on posts and pages when you want to restrict only part of the content, and not the whole page. More information is at s2ember -> API/Scripting in your WP admin pages.

Sorry for my ignorance. This is the second time Ive watched this video. In this video, hes calling a custom capability " a". How and where does this cc get set or named or defined, I dont which is the correct term? Does it go in a php file somewhere? Since I dont know php, would the easy php plugin he mentions be useful? Also, since I now understand that a level is the same as a role, would the role editor plugin be useful?
Thanks again for your help,
Christopher

No, it’s not as difficult as that. Just go to the edit screen for the post or page in question, and type whatever name you want for the ccap in the s2Member box marked Require Custom Capabilities? Then hit Update.

A role editor plugin would be useful. I use Capability Manager Enhanced, which is what the s2Member devs recommend.

Ok, good! So now does that cc get entered in the proform for the particular level associated with that page?
And will that page be only available to that level? And is there a way to test if it`s working?
Thanks so much,
Christopher

1. That page will be available only to members who have BOTH the level AND the ccap. One or other will not be enough.
  2. You need to add the ccap to the Pro form in the way that Jason demonstrates in the video. Otherwise the member will get just the level without the ccap.
  3. Just register a dummy user (making sure you are logged out first) and see what you can access.

Tim, you`ve been extremely helpful. Thanks so much!
Christopher

I dont know if this is outside the scope of s2 Pro. Im using Divi from elegant themes. I`m looking for a conditional statement or custom capability that would allow a user to only continue to the next toggle if they have completed the survey at the end of the previous toggle.

https://poise.us/one-with-nine-wing

You`ll need to login to that free level to see the page in question.

Thanks so much,
Christopher

There’s very little that’s outside the scope of s2Member, but you will need some custom coding to make this work for you.

To do this with s2Member, what you’d need is to hook into the code that runs when a survey has been completed, and then adds the necessary ccap to enable progress to the next page.

But I’m wondering whether this might be reinventing the wheel, because you’ll need to add such code for every survey you create, whereas – although I have never looked for one – I’d have thought that there is probably a survey plugin already available that would provide what you want without additional custom coding.

@chrismacor: Just realized that the forms plugin I use (PlanSo Forms) can probably handle all this for you.

See this: https://www.planso.net/tutorial-setup-multipage-forms-conditional-logic/

Hi Tim,
Just an update.
I tried out the free version of Plan so .
I like the way it works in general.
Im still trying to determine if the conditional logic of the pro version will engineer permission out of the form to a page if the submit button is pressed. Alternately, I looked into if it would at least allow permission to a second part of the form where a url link to a page could be placed. I thought the html form would display an active link but I havnt gotten it to work so far.
thanks as always,
Christopher

Chris, you should be able to set up a redirect by using the Confirmation/Thank You page URL.

Thats it Tim! I dont even need the conditional logic. I would just need to make each question mandatory and then by submitting the survey, the user would be forwarded to the next page of the program. Does this sound correct?
Thanks a bunch,
Christopher

Yes, it does! You could then even have a second form on the second page, and so on …

The only reason for the conditional logic would be if you wanted to redirect users to different places based on the answers they provided.