Removing or hiding section titles from registration forms

How can I remove the section titles from s2member-pro registration forms?

Here’s the current registration page:
http://startuned.com/register/free-registration/

Currently, I was able to remove the section titles of the registration section (top - create profile) and bottom (complete registration). But, I had to accomplish this by deleting the code itself from the s2member-pro registration file.

What’s left is the “Additional Info” section (for the custom fields). In the s2member-pro registration file there’s at “%%custom_fields%%” code to call these custom fields… And, I can’t find the actual code to edit this section.

I’ve tried mimicking instruction from here: https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-to-edit-formremove-sectiontitle/index.html

-That thread relates to captcha section title, but, figured I could apply the same idea to my needs for registration forms section titles. I tried this in my theme’s custom CSS file. I’m not sure where else to try this, as this thread only instructs to use CSS (not specified to theme, wordpress, s2member or other), and I’m not sure if s2member has a custom CSS file. (I can’t find one.)

Needless to say, this didn’t work.

I’d prefer to do this via CSS, as when s2member updates, I’d have to redo all this code. But, at this point, I’ll take any suggestion/method.

Thanks.

OK, your first problem here is clearly that you don’t understand CSS. That stands for Cascading Style Sheets, and it is the “Cascading” concept that you need to understand. It means that multiple stylesheets can legitimately be applied to the same bit of HTML, but in accordance with a known hierarchy.

Most importantly, a stylesheet takes precedence if it loads later. (There are other hierarchical principles too: you can Google for a more complete explanation.) Your theme’s active stylesheet(s) load later than those of plugins, unless a plugin author has specifically decided to change that (as authors of CSS plugins obviously do).

So you shouldn’t be looking for a specific stylesheet to which to add CSS. Any CSS that you wish to add should always go either in your active theme’s stylesheet or in a CSS plugin stylesheet, or (if you know PHP) in a dedicated stylesheet that you create yourself and load at the appropriate time.

For the actual code, see this thread: Registration page CSS

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply, and info. There are a few things you mentioned that I didn’t know; and, am still learning.

I was looking at the thread you shared, and the only concern I have is having to add extra code to my theme. I try not to do that, as it may cause problems when the theme updates. …right?

I didn’t know that a stylesheet loading later takes precedence. I guess the only question I have is that wouldn’t I be able to insert s2member custom styles in my theme’s custom CSS file with the “!important” tag to do what I want? (Without adding extra code to the theme’s functions.php file?)

I had tried that, and it didn’t work. So I figured I was missing something, and reached out on this forum.

I’ll look more into your link and see what I can figure out.

Thanks.

If you don’t want to add CSS to your theme, then use a CSS plugin (or check whether your theme has a place in the Customizer for you to add CSS).

Adding !important can also work, but is best avoided if possible