'Remember Me' not working

Good morning all,

I’m having issues with the ‘Remember Me’ box when using S2MemberPro, even when ticked it doesn’t remember my user’s details. What can I do to change this? https://www.pcsk9forum.org/ this is the website for anyone who can help!

Thanks in advance,
A

Hi Ariana.

That sounds more like a cookies issue. Maybe your users have an extension that blocks/removes cookies?

Do all users have this issue, or only some?

Have you always had this issue or only recently? s2Member hasn’t changed in a long time.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Morning Cristián,

Thank you for your reply!
We have quite a few users experiencing the same problem - I thought it might be something to do with one person’s set up but unfortunately it isn’t. It’s been happening as long as I can remember on this particular website. Odd!

A

So it’s more than a couple, but not everyone, right?

I still suspect a cookies issue, but I don’t think it’s a problem with s2Member login widget’s “remember me” button. It works for some, so it’s doing what it should. That it doesn’t stick for some visitors seems more related to their browsers than your site.

I may be wrong, though. If you could find a way to reproduce the behavior consistently, then we can troubleshoot it further.

If you can reproduce it, then could you try logging into some other site with the “remember me” button, and see if you get the same behavior?

even when ticked it doesn’t remember my user’s details

Just so I’m sure I’m not misunderstanding the problem, could you explain in more detail what you mean? By user’s details, do you mean remain logged in? Does it not even log in? How long does the session last? Does it last as long as if you had not checked the box? Any other info you can give?