Registration from Landing Page

Hello,

I am planning to create a Landing Page from where to offer a registration discount that should not be shown in my current membership-options-page. I am using s2member basic/free plan.

My question is if it is possible to place directly inside the landing page the PayPal button that is normally created by S2member thus allowing the person to automatically enter the platform as a registered user and without issues, (avoiding registration steps as much as possible)
My main concern is to offer a fluent experience from landing page to the inside of my platform.

I have read in the forum Raam Dev´s post at https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/landing-pages/ *“You can create pages in WordPress and then show them to users upon first login using Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› One-Time Offers (Upon Login).” Unfortunately, I don´t see this option in my s2member version. I am not completely sure, though, if this is what I am looking for. I am just looking for an alternative place where to place the regular Membership Options Page -->PayPal buttons.

Any tip will be much appreciated

Thank you in advance, Regards

Lili

Hi Lili.

In the page you designate for Membership Options, which is any WP page that you then pick for that s2Member function, you can put s2’s PayPal button’s shortcode.

If the user is not registered yet, he’ll pay and after returning, will need to register. If he is registered, he should be logged into his account before loading the page with the button so that the payment goes towards his existing account and not a new signup.

If you want to have a registration form in the landing page, then s2Member Pro has the pro-form, which allows signup and payment. If you use the free PayPal Express Checkout, the user will be taken to PayPal to complete payment and then returned to the site (you can also specify the return redirection).

You can put the pro-form in any WP page, not just the one designated for Membership Options.

I hope that makes sense. If I missed what you were asking, please clarify it a bit more, I’ll be happy to help.

:slight_smile:

Hello Cristián and thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the confusion as I understood that membership options page was the only page set up for registration function.

Now, regarding Paypal button created with s2member I still have a couple of questions, please help me clarify these issues

1. Would the PayPal shortcode work from within an email??

2. LANDING PAGE:

Must the landing page be set up within the wp site?? Or can I place this PayPal button in any landing page outside from my wp website and still have the person be directed to the members area after payment ??.
:upside_down_face::roll_eyes::thinking:
I am asking this because I would like to create a clean and straightforward landing page that does not show the navigation links that are common to all my wp sites. My WP template does not allow me to remove these links, so I was thinking of third party resources like Mailchimp, Launchrock or Leadpages that allow you to create free landing pages but on condition that the landing page remains in their subdirectory.

I can create a landing page with a different WordPress theme. In this case, the landing page will be placed within my domain but in a different wp folder, a different wp theme from where s2member is set up.

Please clarify

Thank you in advance!! :grinning:

Liliana

Sorry to come to you again, but I now see that there is a WP plugin for landing pages creation, that I can install in my current WP [Landing Page Builder], will the s2member PayPal button shortcode work from this landing page?

Again thank you and regards

Liliana

If it’s a WordPress page, s2’s shortcode for the PayPal button should work there too.

Did you give it a try? What code are you using for the button?

:slight_smile:

Hello again,

Yes, I did try it and it apparently worked as you indicated., I quote: “With the free PayPal Express Checkout, the user will be taken to PayPal to complete payment and then returned to the site (you can also specify the return redirection)”

To your question What code are you using for the button? I would be creating the button from s2member/PayPal buttons as I normally do to insert it in the membership-options-page. In this case, I will insert the code in the landing page. Please correct me if this is wrong. I am showing you the code examples below-
For the landing pages, I am testing WP plugins as Brizy and PluginOps Landing Page Builder, so, yes, they are WP sites.

I am always referring to PayPal button inserted in the LANDING PAGE because what I am looking to do is to offer a full membership, a regular membership, but with a discount. And have this offer placed in the landing page only.

Now, from the Landing Page PayPal buttons , and specifying the redirection link in the Button (being the ordinary “Welcome page” that I have already set up in the normal membership-options-page ) what I still need to clarify is if the user will be able to automatically enter the whole platform ( not just a given site) I want to grant them access to the whole platform as those who normally register from membership-options-page do.

Or will I have to manually register them after paying from the Landing page??

Please clarify and thank you so much in advance!

Liliana

Codes Examples

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“Bronze Member / Description and pricing details here.” ps=“paypal” lc="" cc=“USD” dg=“0” ns=“1” custom="[www.lilianadercye.com](http://www.lilianadercye.com/)" ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“0.01” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” rrt="" rra=“1” image=“default” output=“button” /]

Thank you so much, Cristián

Liliana