Registration Form Issues, including requesting password and form is now ugly

I’ve been using S2Member Pro for several years on multiple web sites, and something strange and very annoying is now happening. The registration form behavior has changed significantly and I can’t figure out what’s going on or how to fix it. Here are the issues:

1. The registration form layout has changed. The form is now ugly, like it lost all it’s formatting
  2. If the user was logged in, the current user’s information was pre-populated. This was very handy for purchasing additional custom capabilities. This is now not happening
  3. The password field is now appearing, even though I have the S2Member Pro-forms option “Allow Custom Passwords During Registration” option set to no, forcing a set-password email to be sent.

These issues are preventing me from upselling my existing members and causing other problems. These issues are happening on all my sites.

Here’s what I’ve done to try and troubleshoot:

1. Disabled all plugins except S2Member. Still happens
  2. Reverted to February 2021 version of S2Member. Still happens
  3. Re-installed May 2021 version of S2Member & S2Member Pro, Still happens

Everything else about S2Member seems to be working correctly. It is only the registration pages that are having issues. Any one have any ideas on what else I can try?

I would be curious to see what your “ugly” form looks like. Today, I noticed that my registration page totally lost its formatting (I am using Elementor and thought it was somewhat related to it, but maybe not).

Here is what it looks like now:

While it should look something like this:

I found the answer to my display issue: it was due to BuddyPress displaying its own registration form on the page I had designated as registration. I thought it would use mine, but it ended up overtaking it. I assigned a different registration page for Buddypress and now mine is left as is.