Registration Access Links expiring immediately (2018)

Using the most up-to date S2-Member Pro as well as the most updated version of wordpress.

No plugins or wordpress updates have happened in more than a week but we did recently update our SSL certificate as our entire site is https. I’m manually creating a registration link because the one generated by the system expired immediately. I have generated several links and they all are immediately expired. Everything with the access links has been working fine till now. Here is what I know.

IF I use the Paid Subscr. ID from the PayPal info in the log like I’ve done many times, it doesn’t work but If I make something up or put in a partial number, the link works fine. So for some reason, only if I use the PayPal subscriber ID, the links are immediately expired.

I have looked into other posts but none of those options have worked. I’m also running it multi-site and I’ve patched it and verified the patch as well. I’ve also checked/ done the following.

S2 scanner shows me 100% compatible.
All PayPal options set up correctly.
Switched from tiny url shortening services to bit.ly

No change.

Are you sure that the Paypal button is setting a reasonable amount of time?

This problem is back. I don’t recall what fixed it last time.
I’m generating my own links on the back-end for testing.
If the link contains a transaction ID from PayPal, and I click on the link, it shows me a page indicating the link has expired. If I put anything in there that isn’t an actual transaction ID, the link will not expire. There appears to be some kind of oddness with the way these links are generated or work. I’m wondering if there is some issue with caching or some script that isn’t loading right.