Refund not cancelling existing access link

Hi! Just noted that if someone buys access to a page and they’re refunded, the link still works. :worried:

If it doesn’t go away automatically, how can we revoke them?

(s2Member / API Notification Email) - Specific Post/Page ~ Refund/Reversal

parent_txn_id: 1234567890
parent_txn_baid: 1234567890
parent_txn_cid: 1234567890
item_number: sp:38301:72
item_name: DescriptionWasHere
currency: USD
currency_symbol: $
-amount: -3.99
-fee: 0.00
first_name: Redacted
last_name: Redacted
full_name: Redacted
payer_email: Redacted@redacted.com
user_ip: 0.0.0.0
cv0: thesimarchitect.com
cv1: 
cv2: 
cv3: 
cv4: 
cv5: 
cv6: 
cv7: 
cv8: 
cv9:

You can see the plugin recognized the refund/reversal, but it didn’t act on it. Am I missing something? Oh, and I forced the AutoEOT cron job by visiting the AutoEOT url, of course :wink:

Hmm… Since it’s a Specific Post link, then the user is not registered. To the site he’s a guest, the authentication is in the link itself. Problem is that then there’s nothing stored on the site for s2 to recognize if the payment was refunded or not to revoke the link… Normally s2 would demote the user’s account, but with a link, s2 doesn’t have that option.

1 Like

Oh, I see. So the links don’t have a “hook”. Is there a way to manually cancel a link? Otherwise people can subscribe, cancel, retain access for the time duration of the link (it’s ok, doesn’t happen often to me, but it’s interesting).

Right.

The way to have more control is to have them register and use ccaps, that way you can remove the ccap from his account to revoke access. To control the time they have access, use the s2Drip shortcode. https://s2member.com/kb-article/s2drip-shortcode/

:slight_smile:

1 Like