Redirection Problem with multiple domain

Hi,

I have setup my website on sub-domain there I installed S2member which is working fine. Also the main domain is pointed to the same IP address, But when I used to enter the main domain it redirects to the wp-login page instead of home page which is public and the sub-domain is able to open the same. It should show the home page as the sub-domain do. Please suggest any solution.

Thanks

Hi Cody.

This seems more like a WordPress question than s2. I’m not familiar with the setup you’re trying to use there.

What I do know is that login sessions will be separate, so if you logged into one, and then try to access protected content in another, you’d need to login to the other one. Having said that, s2Member would send you to the Membership Options Page, not wp-login.php…

I don’t understand what you mean there. If you could give more detail and clarify, that’d be great. :slight_smile:

Hey Cristián Lávaque,
Thanks for the information.

Let me explain with example
I have main domain like “abc.com” and the sub domain “sub.abc.com” and both domain points to an IP 192.168.1.1 (just for example). My website is setup on “sub.abc.com”. If I deactivate the S2member plugin then both url opens the home page that is usually done in WordPress and when I activate the S2member plugin the “sub.abc.com” works fine (opens the home page) but the “abc.com” redirects to “abc.com/wp-login” automatically.
Please let me know if I am able to make you understand.

Thanks

Okay… I understood a bit better.

I’d like to see it myself, if possible. if you’d like, please send me the login info privately, so I can test it and see the behavior myself when deactivating and reactivating s2Member.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I can’t share the details the site has very confidential information. You can suggest some trick or tweaks that I can perform to resolve it.

No problem.

Well, I’d try deactivating all plugins and changing the theme to the default, and see if you can reproduce the problem like that. Then add things one by one, testing after each if the problem comes back.

What you’re getting is not an s2Member restriction in action, that would always redirect you to the Membership Options Page, never wp-login.php. :slight_smile:

There’s something else at play, although I don’t know what. I’m not familiar with the setup you’re creating there, with the subdomain.