Redirect After Login

Hi, I am trying to redirect a user after login to a particular page. I have read many forum posts about how to redirect user after login to “the particular” protected page which the user has tried to click but then was redirected to login. But I am not wanting this. The user will never see the page I am wanting as it is a download page. Therefore I am wanting users to login then get instantly redirected to the downloads page.

Can’t you just set the download page as the Login Welcome Page?

1 Like

Hi,

As Tim said, you’ll want to set your download page as the Login Welcome Page.

To do this, go to s2Member > General Options > Login Welcome Page.

On the first drop down you can select the page that you want, or if you can’t find it simply paste it in the Special Redirection URL section.

:nerd:

1 Like

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I was wanting to know this particular answer as I will be selling a number of different products and wanting users once signed in get redirected to the particular download page, not the default 1 welcome page (what ever selected in backend).

not the default 1 welcome page

I think you misunderstand the nature of the Login Welcome Page (LWP). Even if you don’t use the Special Redirection URL option that Jess mentioned (and which might indeed be the best fit for you), the LWP doesn’t have to be just a static page. You can use simple shortcode conditionals to make different text and downloads visible to different user roles or levels, or to those with different custom capabilities.

1 Like