Read guide but stuck on simple customisation of pro

Hey folks - i really hope someone can help me as i think it’s simple solution but maybe a little beyond my ability

I have the s2member pro license and would really like to make a much simpler looking sign up form. Its ok at the moment >
http://www.djnarrative.com/register/ < but i would like it to look much cleaner like this one from the divi theme i use > screenshot

Is this possible and would anyone be able to help me understand the steps on how to do it.

Many thanks
marc

It’s just a matter of using CSS. That’s nothing specific to s2Member.

If you aren’t familiar with CSS, here’s a guide: http://docs.layerswp.com/css-styling-using-the-browser-inspector-customizer/

And here’s a plugin you can use to make your changes: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Thank you for your reply and the links Tim :slight_smile: I’ve used a bit of css in my Divi builder in the past by copying and pasting bits from the internet but thats about as far i have understood it. Following that guide i can see that i can inspect different elements to find out what to change and i can see a lot of code using chrome inspect, but no idea on how to remove things like the lock graphic and ‘create profile’ text in the sign up form of shape the boxes and the amend the text of the fields. Can anyone point me in the right direction or is this a very technical thing?

Many thanks

For general CSS and WordPress questions, searching will almost always get you what you want.

To hide something using CSS, use display:none;

I’ve just answered a question about making text changes: Changing s2member-list empty result text

That’s why it’s worth searching. s2Member also has hundreds of KB articles.

I’ve done much googling for the answer Tim, and indeed worked many things out that way, but always found css really difficult, so haven’t found anything that i could understand enough to turn the pro form that i embed with the shortcode into the simple version i posted as screenshot. Your link being good examples of containing so much i don’t understand and dont see how it relates, but im sure with a knowledgeable eye it contains the answer like the other links probably do.

I have no budget so have spent months learning about divi and design to try and make my site look and work better but im not a web designer and find code difficult, so just wanted to see if i could find some help as sometimes i’ve found it can be a case of easy to pass on. Also honouring that there are hundreds of questions on forums like this, and good people like you take the time to help people out, so i do very much thank you for your time, and will keep learning (worked out some good design stuff today) but think i may be just need to stick with what i have until i can afford to pay someone to sort it out.

All the best

Understood, but if you ever build a second site, I suggest you go about it differently.

Don’t buy a theme. While Divi and others like it offer many options, many of them are alternatives and you can’t possibly need them all for one site.

Instead, work out what functionality you need first while “making do” with a default theme. That way, you’ll get a clearer idea of what’s involved and how you want it to look.

Then you’ll be in a good place to find a theme. I would almost always recommend a good, free one instead of a paid one. Then, if you still need customizations, you will still have the budget to pay for them.

Thanks Tim. All the past sites i built were using themes but i just use
divi builder now. I really like it as it enables me to build from scratch
and get functions and design that are above my level. Functionality grows
as the projects or sites vision evolve so has been a lot of learning and
plugins over years. :slight_smile: