Quick question from everyone about Hosting and PHP

Happy Friday Everyone,

I have noticed when I use s2Member short codes on a page to check if user is logged in or not or if they have access to ccaps it causes my server to have a 2 second wait, per request. If I have a few requests then it can take 6-8 seconds. I am sure the slowness is my host and I have pointed it out but they suck and say its working fine and that I need to clean up my codes.

Main question.
Does using php instead of short codes reduce this wait time by chance. I read somewhere on the net that short codes do a generic job and that php is faster and preferred.

Side question.
Does anyone used A2 hosting or InMotion Hosting and if so do they like it?

I am moving host yet again but the site can not justify a large hosting bill yet, it is in a very small niche and I mean small. If you know of an inexpensive hosting solution that is around a couple hundred a year let me know what you use and how you like it…

Currently I have one shared business server and one cloud server with Hostgator and then I have a cloud server with Bluehost. This has cost me just under $700 last year and I am not happy, I was really upset when I found out they were actually owned by the same parent company. All of the hosting services I pay for suck and I am sick of guessing and going by what some internet sites out there that claim is the best when I now know they make referral money. I would like to know from actual users that use s2Member, what they use and what they like.

The hosting I want to use is Lightning Base but our downloads per month already equal the 50 dollar a month package and long term that is too costly for the site so far at the moment.

Thanks for the help,
Ross

I host all of my sites and most of my client sites on SiteGround. Most of those sites (more than 10) use s2Member and I have not experienced any problems with site speed or database queries. Nor have I had any issues with running out of “resources” which I have experienced with the same sites on other hosting providers. The technical support is awesome and the servers are the best I’ve seen over my 20+ years working with at least a dozen hosting companies.

Disclaimer: Yes, that is an affiliate link, but I still recommend SiteGround even if you are adverse to affiliate marketing.

I moved several sites to InMotion, works fine for me (for my client, actually).

Thanks, Jedi, SiteGround was on my extended list as well.

Thanks Krum,

InMotion was my first pick. What package do you use with them for s2Member sites?

I got a quote for their Power plan and it come to $162 for 3 years making it very affordable at 54 USD a year. I am paying over 250 for one year with Bluehost and Hostgators Cloud alone is 265 a year. Granted I have to pay $99 a year for SSL from InMotion Hosting but that still makes it cheaper than what I am paying now. If you say they are good that is good enough for me because you have never steered me wrong before.

Do you use SSL and if so did you buy it from them or someone else?

Thanks about your trust, Ross!

Those are not my sites, but @Cassel’s sites, she can say which plan she use. I care about them, long time ago, and move them to this hosting. I like the hosting, no problems, and we always get response to our questions. No SSL yet (I don’t like SSL to be the new standard, but seems no other way). Maybe Cassel will add more info.

To answer your question, Russ, i have the Pro plan (because i have lots of small sites, for me and my kids).

I love their service. I have been with them for 2 years, almost and i don’t remember any downtime, and their customer service is great and available by chat 24/7 which is great as anyone anywhere in the world can have answers to questions. I also have an affiliate link if you want to use it.

Now to add to the first question, i have never noticed any delay in loading pages using ccaps (and i have a TON!)

As an additional information, Krum has been my go-to programmer for 6 years now, so he knows my site inside-out.

Thanks @Cassel ,

I will go with what you have then. They quoted me the power plan but 4X performance,300 processes and 120 concurrent connections will be better in the long run.

Ross