Question about "trial" period showing up in Stripe

ok, so i’ve set the pro forms for monthly recurring billing. it seems to work fine. i’m just perplexed by something…if i look under the status of my subscriptions in Stripe, they all say “Trial ends next month”…what on earth does that mean? i never set a trial period? is this normal behavior?

thanks.

I am running some tests for recurring payment using stripe so I could be helpful.
Could you copy/paste the code of your form ( [s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“… ).
In your stripe account you can also check the pricing section, click on the three dots on the right and click on “pricing plan”. You will have more information about what is happening.
Good luck

1 Like

[s2Member-Pro-Stripe-Form level=“1” ccaps="" desc=“£2.00 GBP / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)” cc=“GBP” custom=“mysite.com” ta=“0” tp=“0” tt=“D” ra=“2.00” rp=“1” rt=“M” rr=“1” coupon="" accept_coupons=“0” default_country_code=“US” captcha=“0” /]

here it is. thank you.

seems like all the invoices are 0.00 too…but there is an initial payment.

it seems like there’s a payment, then it sets a free trial period in motion instead of a normal first 30 days of subscription, then it starts billing normally after that.

Your form looks good to me. You should not have trial as ta=0 and tp = 0.
You should enable logging and run another test for 0.50 daily for 1 day.
Hopefully someone more competent can help you.

Hi Mike.

I think that what you describe is related to this: https://github.com/wpsharks/s2member/issues/1052#issuecomment-294831137

Jason’s explanation there may help you understand what you’re seeing.

:slight_smile:

Hi Cristian,
will this be fixed with the upcoming SCA integration? If Checkout is used for the payment process there is no need anymore for s2member to handle the first payment itself. And no need to have a trial period.

Some tests with stripes checkout API have been very successful.

1 Like

Hi Cristian,

thanks for the reply. that answered my question. i don’t mind so much that it is done this way (although i’d prefer it without the trial and 0.00 invoices, it still does the job adequately for what i need), i just wanted to know if it was normal behaviour.

1 Like