Protected Files on a WordPress Network/Multisite

I manage a site that is a WordPress multisite installation. It is structured like this:

www.mysite.com << main, public-facing site
com1.mysite.com << a subsite for a committee 1
(there are a total of 7 committees each with a subsite)

Within each Committee site, there are hundreds of documents and files (typically PDFs or PPTXs).

I recently received a note that someone had forwarded the link to a file on a committee site to a non-member. It was then that I discovered that s2Member wasn’t doing what I thought it would do.

Does s2MemberPro have the ability to easily protect all of the files already on the site?

From what I’ve read about the [s2File /] shortcode, files that are to be protected are to be stored in the “/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files” folder. How would I segregate the various files that each committee uses so that one committee cannot access another’s files?
I assume it would require this type of folder structure in which each committee’s files would have to be uploaded, is this correct?

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/com1
/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/com2
/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/com3

Is there any sort of plugin that changes the file upload folder from the standard
“/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2020/06”
location to the
“/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files”
location?

Please advise.
Clay

Hi Clay.

You could use custom capabilities to separate the download access. WP Admin > s2Member > Download Protection > Custom Capability & Level Files

You could try WP Original Media Path for that. Or just upload via FTP to the s2member-files folder. Or with WP File Manager…

I hope that helps. :slight_smile: